Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sara June Tribute

This week I enjoyed quilting the circles block, and did like Leah and just free handed them. I did rough sketch them out with my dissolving ink pen first though....Because we plan on baptizing our daughter tomorrow morning, I thought I would incorporate a cross on the block corners and I really like how it looks. I soaked the block to get all the ink off....it is wet in the photo.



Sylvia I have quilted five of your blocks this week! Looking good! And yes, there is one with a golden retriever on it. Would you like me to free motion embroider his name on the block to remember him? If so, just comment on this post. (But his name would be backward on the the reverse of the block because this quilt is double sided!) it would be small though...

Spaghetti noodles design from this weeks video tutorial...I just did it one way, not both ways across. Maybe I'll do another block with both directions because I thought this was a fun design!!

                                                                      regular stippling

                                                                             some curls

                                                                       some wavy lines

and a large circle that takes up the whole block on the machine


3 comments:

Liv Aagot's Quilt Blog said...

Very nice and various quilting! Congratulations on the baptism of your lovely daughter!

Allison said...

What beautiful quilting! I really love the little touches you added--like the crosses in the design. Congratulations on your daughter's baptism--always a special day.

sylviatrartyp said...

Love these!!! Yes, her name is Belle. She was 13 yrs. old. Having her name on one would be very special to me!!!! thank you! I would like to see some of your scarves too.
Sara June is beautiful!!!!
Sylvia