Monday, February 10, 2014

Make Time

OK I love something Leah said in her video today!! Don't quilt the block like someones is standing there with a gun to your head! Slow down, take your time and enjoy the process. I did not blog last week because I was thinking so hard about the quilt, how it was turning out, and trying to decide what to do about it. I decided that I am going to change my thread color to butter yellow (which is what I wanted to do to begin with) instead of the brown, which was making me feel icky about this project. You know if you don't want to do it, it probably isn't going to get done ...so I have re cut and sewn all of the first three blocks, as well as the three blocks for the month of February! I am going to go back and "start over" with the quilting piece now that I have everything prepared. I took the time to cut my batting squares out, and now I just need to cut my backing squares all out. I think I'm going to like this much better :0)


Sylvia I plan to make good progress on your t-shirt quilt this week. I have made 15 "square sandwiches", and I have five more to make. After all sandwiches are done, I am going to start quilting them out! (The fun part :0)  I will repost at the end of the week to show some progress!  



I am so excited to finish this up for Lu this week....It is our Rabbit Family :0) We cut out all of the applique pieces together and she helped me place them on the blankie. She had so much fun doing this..I just noticed one of the bunnies has lost it's hand when taking the photos...we'll have to re cut that! 


By the way I have made so many things this past week besides quilting but to hit a few:

*A "Frozen" themed peasant dress and cape for Lucie
*Two dresses for the Etsy shop
*Eight Infinity Scarves
*A Cat in the Hat Birthday Shirt
*A baby changing pad cover/burp cloth, and ribbon
*Twins matching onesies set
*Baby leggings with feet for Sara June
*Five Valentines Day picture frames with lucie's handprints shaped like a heart and Sara June's foot print attached to the side (once I get a photo inside I will show these off)
 *An overall dress for the Etsy shop...did I leave anything out....

No comments: